Free training sessions are provided to members of Brisbane Triathlon Club. A summary of the free club sessions is provided below.
We also have recommended session providers, which we encourage our club members to attend - preferably regularly, or at least occasionally.
Free Brisbane Triathlon Club Sessions
The day and time of these sessions vary, so please check out the club calendar - or check your weekly newsletter (please contact us to subscribe to this). Most sessions start and finish at either West End, Spring Hill or South Bank.
A typical week for our FREE Brisbane Triathlon Club sessions includes the following:
- Tuesday Night Track: Run session to/ from/ around the UQ Athletics Track (at St Lucia) - from 7pm to 8:15pm. This session is aimed at helping you run FAST. Typical distance of around 7.5km. Suitable for all abilities.
- Thursday morning PCRG Run: This run starts at 5:25am from The Ship Inn, Cnr Stanley Street & Sidon Street, South Brisbane and finishes at 6:30am. The session is coached by Pat Carroll. Suitable for all abilities. You must wear your BTC running singlet or t-shirt for the session to be free.
- TFI Friday: This bike ride leaves at 5:15am from Musgrave Park Swimming Pool at South Brisbane. The route is typically the 'river loop' (about 1.5 hours). This is social-paced ride, suitable for a wide range of abilities, with brekky afterwards.
- Weekend sessions: These sessions vary with details provided on our private (members only) BTC facebook group page. A typical weekend involves a Saturday morning bike ride and Sunday morning run. The bike ride typically leaves around 5:30/6am from South Bank, Spring Hill or Tenerife, with distances varying from 60 to 120km. The run is typically from South Bank or Tenerife from around 6am, typically around 90 minutes. Brekky invariably follows the sessions.
All club sessions are:
- Free. You don't have to be a club member to enjoy a few introductory sessions (or more), but we do require you to be a Triathlon Australia member.
- Suitable for most levels of experience and ability, although attendees are encouraged to check with the club if they are concerned about being able to ‘keep up’.
- Facilitated by ‘session facilitators’ - club members who are provided by the club to assist other session attendees.