Free training sessions are provided to members of Brisbane Triathlon Club. A summary of the free club sessions is provided below.
We also have recommended session providers, which we encourage our club members to attend - preferably regularly, or at least occasionally.
Free Brisbane Triathlon Club Sessions
The day and time of these sessions vary, so please check out the club calendar - or check your weekly newsletter (please contact us to subscribe to this). Most sessions start and finish at either West End, Spring Hill or South Bank.
A typical week for our FREE Brisbane Triathlon Club sessions includes the following:
- Temptress Tuesday: This run session typically starts at 5:30am from the Holman Street Ferry Terminal (underneath the southern side of the Storey Bridge, on the corner of Annie and Holman Street, Kangaroo Point) and usually finishes at 6:30am. The session will vary, but typically focus on building and maintaining aerobic fitness (so a comfortable pace). Distances range from 6 to 12km. Suitable for all abilities.
- Tuesday Night Track: Run session to/ from/ around the UQ Athletics Track (at St Lucia) - from 7pm to 8:15pm. This session is aimed at helping you run FAST. Typical distance of around 7.5km. Suitable for all abilities.
- Hump Day Humps: This bike ride leaves from the bottom of Mt Gravatt (near the Red Rooster car park) at 5:30am, for repeats of Mt Gravatt. Suitable for all abilities.
- Thunder Thursday: This bike ride typically leaves at 5:15am from the Regatta. The session lasts for up to 2 hours - including a lap of Mt Cootha and The River Loop. This ride is best suited to intermediate-advanced riders, as the average pace is around 29km/ hour.
- Thursday Night Cruise: A very social-paced run session, leaving the Ship Inn at 6pm. Suitable for all abilities.
- TFI Friday: This bike ride leaves at 5:15am from Musgrave Park Swimming Pool at South Brisbane. The route is typically the 'river loop' (about 1.5 hours). This is social-paced ride, suitable for a wide range of abilities.
- Steady Saturday: This bike ride typically leaves at 5:30am, and distance can vary from 80 to 120km. This is largely an 'aerobic' bike ride – but sometimes incorporates a run off the bike. We typically have at least two groups - the 'breakaways' (strong/ advanced riders feeling the need for speed) and a 'cruisers' group.
- Sunday Runday: This is a long, aerobic run often leaving Mysweetopia Southbank at around 6am. Suitable for all abilities.
All club sessions are:
- Free. You don't have to be a club member to enjoy a few introductory sessions (or more), but we do require you to be a Triathlon Australia member.
- Suitable for most levels of experience and ability, although attendees are encouraged to check with the club if they are concerned about being able to ‘keep up’.
- Coordinated by Brad Dalrymple, Training Coordinator and Big Deal Triathlete.
- Facilitated by ‘session facilitators’ - club members who are provided by the club to assist other session attendees.